It has been a long while since I have written! The life of being a new mom, I never could have imagined. I am so thankful for my precious baby girl and so thankful for her. Every day she brings us so much joy!
The last month or so has been really challenging, Sadie was diagnosed with GERD and we have been trying to figure out how to treat it. Lots of doctor visits, different medicines, different sleeping positions, a new bed, a soy and dairy free diet for momma...it has been a lot of new and different! We are still looking for solutions because our baby girl has the hardest time sleeping and some days (and lots of nights) just cries and cries. I don't know if my heart has ever hurt so much. One friend described motherhood as your heart living outside of your body, I completely agree!
Sadie won't nap laying down, she gets so uncomfortable from the reflux so we get to hold her/wear her upright in a carrier for naps. It means not much free time and so not much gets done. But it means she will actually sleep, so I do it (Louie takes turns when he is home). We went in for an Upper GI this week and the radiologist was asking all kinds if questions about her symptoms and I was sharing about how she has to sleep and then he asked if she was our only child, I said yes and he replied with, maybe your next one will be perfect. He then kept on talking (he was super chatty but not looking for conversation) and I just stood there in shock. Sadie is absolutely perfect to us. She may have reflux and not sleep much and cry but she is perfect!
As we have seen many doctors, nurses, physicans assistants, a lactation consultant, and techs it has been really interesting to hear different people's thoughts about children. Some think children are bundles of joy and gifts and others think they are annoying, frustrating, a pain. It is so sad to listen to how some people talk about their children. Being a mom has made me think a lot about how God views us, we are His sons and daughters, precious and beloved. No matter what we say or do or don't say or don't do, it doesn't change the fact that He loves us. He treasures us. I want Sadie to know deep in her heart how much we love her and most importantly, how much God loves her.
This next week we will go see a specialist and we are praying for answers and relief for Sadie. We greatly appreciate your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment