As we think about raising our little girl, we have talked a lot about our desire for her to come to know the Lord at an early age. I realize that as her mom I must be seeking Him and showing her, teaching her what it means to have a relationship with God and I have been thinking about my own mom and her example to me. From a very young age I remember seeing her pursuing the Lord. I remember seeing her read her Bible, I remember her giving me my first allowance and teaching me what it means to tithe, I remember her going to bible studies, I remember her teaching Sunday School, I remember her praying with me when I was scared of the monsters that lived in the vents, I remember her talking about Jesus and how much He loves us, I remember her being there for me and reminding me of God's faithfulness and His plan when I faced disappointment, I remember her teaching me to praise God despite circumstances, I remember her forgiving me for my angry teenage outbursts and always welcoming me home with open arms, I remember seeing her on her knees praying, I remember her being filled with His joy. She shared her faith with me and showed me what it meant to have a relationship with our great God. She now daily inspires me in my walk with the Lord. She has a deep desire to know Him more, to know more of His word, to share with others the hope that He can provide. I am so thankful for my mom and her heart for God. I want to teach my daughter as my mom taught me - through her actions, her words and sharing her heart.
We are so thankful that God has our baby girl in His hands and are continually praying that she remains healthy and arrives in His perfect timing.
Thank you honey-I am humbled by the nice things you said. I do love you and am so proud of you and Louie. Mommy
ReplyDelete